Pages

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Jakarta Culinary Passport 2.0

Hi dearest readers! Welcome to my blog :).

This time I'll cover the latest culinary event in Jakarta. You guys must be already know it, yes it's JAKARTA CULINARY PASSPORT. This most anticipated event by foodies in Jakarta is back on 5-8 June 2014 . It was the second edition of this event and organized by The Alphabet Project. Located at Grand Indonesia, this food festival was a hit and a must visit.
Jakarta Culinary Passport 2.0 took a theme "Time Across The Foodniverse" and more than 60 tenants were divided into four period of time to satisfy your appetite. This year, Jakarta Culinary Passport offered an experience of a time traveler.





The enthusiasm from people was really high for this event, it was proven by the number of people visited the event. Many tenants were sold out each day as another evidence. Lots of public figures were also there.
Now, let's talk about this year's concept. Divided the hall into four sections (period of time), the first was 20's - 50's, the second one was 60's - 80's, the third was 90's - 00's and the last but not least Future.
  • 20's - 50's : reliving the atmosphere of Indonesia tempo doeloe.
  • 60's - 80's : Asia's delicacies and all time favorite American dishes with retro atmosphere.
  • 90's - 00's : modern western cuisines with mouthwatering selection.
  • Future : DESSERTS with futuristic ambience!
I'm gonna share my story based on the time period to make it easier and more structured. Let's start the time adventure of my taste bud from the 'oldest' period :p.
20's - 50's


Dapur Solo
The authentic food from Solo by Ny. Swan was here in Jakarta Culinary Passport. This was the first tenant that I tried. Dapur Solo has lunch box set, including Nasi Langgi, Nasi Urap, Nasi Gudeg and Nasi Pecel complete with the side dishes, sambal and crackers. I didn't try the lunch box though, but I tried their Selat Solo, I asked them whether is was available or not because it was 'unseen'. Selat Solo consists of beef, boiled egg, carrot, beans, tomato and potato, then poured with sweet and tasty broth. I like the Selat Solo, especially the broth, the sweetness was perfect although not as tasty as I thought before but that was acceptable.
Instagram : dapursolo1988
Facebook : Dapur Solo
Twitter : dapursolo
Website : dapursolo.com







Suntiang
Suntiang was pretty unique. It combines West Sumatra strong flavor with Japanese delicacy.
Tried their favorite, Rendang Cheese Roll (so creative haha...). I love the crunchy roll, but the cheese and mayo were  a bit too strong in taste, hence rendang taste almost disappeared. Overall, I still love the dish and a big appreciation for this creative combination! :D
Instagram : _suntiang_
Twitter : suntiangresto
Website : suntiang.com



60's - 80's


Karokun Yakitori
This tenant most probably the most crowded and the most demanded, you barely could see an empty line in front of the stand. Karokun always had a long queue, especially in weekend! I'm not gonna write much about Karokun since I've done it before on my previous post. But again I should say their yakitori was simple awesome!
Instagram : karokun_id




Taco Bao
Again another fusion, this time Mexican meets Taiwanese food. As you can see from the name, it's a combiantion between taco and bao dishes. Instead of tortilla to wrap the fillings, they used fluffy bao. Tried their The Luchador and The Shaolin only for IDR 25k! (I did a favor to post on Instagram about their dishes to get special promo). The Luchador was bao filled with minced beef and The Shaolin was bao filled with chicken meat, and all with lettuce and chives. Plus we had nachos to add Mexican feeling. The beef and chicken were nice and the bao - their uniqueness - was silky and smooth. Love it!
Instagram : tacobaoid




Jerry's 1987
Another favorite pick! You should try this fusion milkshake! Rather than having a boring plain milkshake, Jerry's 1987 offers milkshake blended with assorted ingredients, like biscuits, chocolate, cereal and many more. I opted to try their Clippers, strawberry milkshake with Ferrero Rocher. One glass of Clippers was labeled IDR 40k, a bit pricy hmm... But I fell in love with this exquisite drink! Strawberry and Ferrero Rocher were blended nicely, I could taste the light strawberry taste and smooth Ferrero Rocher texture. The level of sweetness was great and this drink was very refreshing.
Their Royale (Regal + Snickers) was also nice, should try it next time!
Instagram : jerrys1987





90's - 00's


I didn't try much at this section, in fact I only tried one not because this 90's - 00's wasn't good or something but I preferred to explore the other three.

Churros La Fonda
Having a hard time to decide which snack to pick? Churros could be the answer. This original Spanish churros is great for simple and light snack. Churros La Fonda is a brand from Bali that combines the original Spanish churros with street food concept. I chose cinnamon topping and white chocolate sauce. It was YUMMY! and the churros were also fresh! :)
Instagram : churroslafonda
Facebook : Churros La Fonda
Twitter : churroslafonda
Website : churroslafonda.com






FUTURE


Dessert is the future, the future is dessert :p.

Milky Way
What a lovely color they have! I didn't try it though, but I'm sure this milk pudding was great. Love their cute packaging :3. They also have Caramelized Milk, seems so yum :9.
Instagram : milkywaypudding



Dolci
Life is sweet. Yes, it is. It's Dolci's tagline and I just couldn't agree more. Dolci offers homemade pie and fruit dessert in a jar. Bought home their Apple Crumble, one of the fruit desserts. The apple pieces were mixed with almond and resulted a good sweet taste. If you love apple products, you should try this one hehe.
Instagram : dolcidessert_id




Passionnee
When you talk about dessert, you shouldn't forget about French bakery and pastry. Yes, Passionnee offers the luxury of French bakery and pastry. I had a slice of Apple Pie, it was good. The pie was soft and glazy, the apple taste was comforting my taste buds. The crust, a bit crunchy in texture. Just one perfect slice of apple pie <3.
Instagram : passionneejakarta




Puyo Desserts
This phenomenal dessert was again people's favorite (mine too!). This silky dessert was also never lacked of customers. Check out the review on my previous post.
Website : puyodesserts.com
Instagram : puyodesserts
Twitter : puyodesserts
Facebook : Puyo Desserts


Kelasi
If Karokun had a long queuing line on 60's - 80's side, then on the other side Kelasi also had their long queuing line. Their simply yet innovative dessert simply stole many people's attention. Kelasi also has been covered on my previous post.
Twitter : kelasi_ID
Instagram : kelasi_id


Those are the tenants that caught my attention. They all have great and unique dishes :)
Other than food festival, this event also had workshop, competition and meet & greet with famous foodies.
I must say, this year Jakarta Culinary Passport was a BIG SUCCESS! Thank you The Alphabet Project for organizing such a great event :).
Here, some more moments captured in Jakarta Culinary Passport :







This is the end of the my post about Jakarta Culinary Passport 2.0, hope you enjoy and see you on the next post!

*cheers*

Follow me on : Instagram | Twitter

1 comment:

  1. I was really worried and shed lots of tears during the week of my event. But hosting it in those meeting rooms was such an amazing moment.

    ReplyDelete