Pages

Monday, December 15, 2014

IKEA Indonesia

Foodglasses IKEA Indonesia

It's always exciting to welcome and experience something new, especially when we find the concept's really into us and particularly a worldwide hit.

Who does not know IKEA? The Swedish home furnishing giant is now available in Indonesia! IKEA opened its first store last October at Alam Sutera, pretty near Mall @ Alam Sutera. You can easily recognize the big and famous blue and yellow building afar. The only public transportation that reaches IKEA (as far as I see) is taxi, so ride your own car instead!

It was my first time to visit IKEA, I was pretty curious with what are actually people hyping for. So thankfully and finally, I got the chance! :D
When I took my first step inside, at a glance I could tell it's going to be a long long tour inside! Yeah, it's a huge building, really. Before you go take the stairs or lift up to the showroom, don't forget to take IKEA catalogue that's provided for free. It might be useful for you later.

Foodglasses IKEA Indonesia

Batik artists for IKEA Indonesia
Foodglasses IKEA Indonesia

The showroom of IKEA showcases various design and furniture for living room, bedroom, kitchen, eating room and also a glimpse of bathroom.
Inside the showroom, you'll see a path with direction on the floor as a guide for you to see each room display and complete the showroom tour orderly. What really impressed me was how the team can set and decorate a small area/room into a very cozy and efficient room.

Foodglasses IKEA Indonesia

Beautiful Christmas star
Foodglasses IKEA Indonesia

Foodglasses IKEA Indonesia

My type of dream kitchen
Foodglasses IKEA Indonesia

Along the showroom, I constantly saw boxes full of cute soft toys/dolls. I stopped each time I found them to feel their fluffiness. IKEA will be donating 1 euro per soft toy for UNICEF program until 3 January 2015. There's still time if you want to take home these fluffy dolls as well as donating. Do good deed to others :).

Foodglasses IKEA Indonesia

After completing the showroom walk, finally I reached the restaurant (what I was waiting for :p).
Take the food trolley and put your tray(s) on it before you order some foods.

Foodglasses IKEA Indonesia

Foodglasses IKEA Indonesia

Foodglasses IKEA Indonesia

Foodglasses IKEA Indonesia

Swedish Meatballs
10 pieces : IDR 40k
15 pieces : IDR 50k
20 pieces : IDR 60k

When I took a walk around the restaurant observing what people ordered, this Swedish Meatballs was  served on each table unsurprisingly. The must-order menu when you visit IKEA. You can choose how many meatballs you want to order from 10, 15 and 20 pieces. The meatballs come with a scoop of mashed potato and poured with delicious gravy sauce.

Foodglasses IKEA Indonesia

Foodglasses IKEA Indonesia

These famous meatballs are not the biggest chunks, you can take one whole meatball at once. But still, IKEA gives a decent portion starting from 10 pieces of meatballs. They are made of beef and taste pretty well. I love their appearance, perfectly fried until goldish brown. The texture was quite tender and juicy, giving me an easy time to bite.
What I like the most from IKEA's Swedish Meatballs is the gravy sauce. The sauce really worked well with the meatballs (and mashed potato). I could feel the milky taste and it was really savoury, a pretty unique and unforgettable taste from this Swedish Meatballs.
The mashed potato was soft and creamy, made the dish complete.

Note : I don't know whether this happens every time, but I first didn't get that mini Sweden's flag on my Swedish Meatballs, so after I purchased my meal at the cashier, I came back and asked the waiter who served me the food regarding about the flag. It turns out that the cashier will charge you IDR 60k (20 pieces worth) if you have the flag even you order the 10 or 15 pieces (?). So be aware of this simple thing.

Shirmp Cutlet (IDR 8k each)
Pretty simple side dish. I like how it looks, fresh and yes, simple. The texture was pretty good but the taste was just a bit off for me. Still an enjoyable side dish with chili and tomato sauce, though.

Foodglasses IKEA Indonesia

French Fries (IDR 16k)
A thick cut fries in a bowl. Unfortunately, the fries are ready-pick by so it may not be the warmest one. A bit less seasoned and customary, thankfully they provide packed salt and pepper.

Foodglasses IKEA Indonesia

Orange Juice (IDR 4k)
IKEA provides packed drinks to accompany your meal, it costs IDR 4k each. I picked the fresh orange juice. That typical airplane-orange-juice-taste, enough said.

Foodglasses IKEA Indonesia

After you're finished with your meal, clean up your table and take your used plates on the food trolley, then put the food trolley at the space provided. I like this culture, where you have to be responsible of what is yours and be independent.

The restaurant is always packed with people
Foodglasses IKEA Indonesia

Then you can continue to take another walk in the remaining side of the store. You'll see more furniture and household thingy and self-service area, which is REALLY huge. The self-service area is like a warehouse. After this area, you'll find the cashier the checkout your things.
Then, there is a bistro before you go out from IKEA. You can have a quick and light meal there.

Foodglasses IKEA Indonesia

Foodglasses IKEA Indonesia

Soft Ice Cream (IDR 4k)
This is one of the best soft vanilla ice cream with no doubt! First, purchase the ice cream at the cashier and they will give you a token to start the ice cream machine and the cone, of course. Then, insert the token, put the cone in the holder and press the button to start the machine. Ta-daaa, and you have your IKEA soft ice cream.
Just like the name, it's really soft. The vanilla taste oozed out inside my mouth. The waffle cone was crispy and milky, simple yet enchanting.

Foodglasses IKEA Indonesia

I had a great trip (also good food) here and I'm looking for another visit to this huge place.
Until next time, IKEA!


IKEA Indonesia
Jl. Jalur Sutera Boulevard No. 45
Alam Sutera
Serpong, Tangerang
15320 Indonesia
Opening hours (store) :
Mon-Sun 10.00-22.00
Opening hours (restaurant) :
Mon-Sun 09.30-21.00
Website | Facebook 

-- Albert Martono - albert.martono@gmail.com
Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment