Pages

Monday, June 23, 2014

Ichiro Pesanggrahan

Hi there guys!
It's been a while since my last post, I had to do something else that is more important. Now, it's time to catch up with another food review again :p.

So, I visited Pesanggrahan area where I could find array of restaurants at night along the street. I opted to try the relatively new restaurant, Ichiro. Ichiro is a family Japanese restaurant. In one restaurant, they have three brands/types of food, including Indonesian cuisine named Republic and also Mame Do. I guess they are all in one owner group. But Ichiro was the most attractive for me so I tried it. The restaurant itself have a fair space with an authentic and simple decoration inside and outside. They are creating a different atmosphere on each side of the restaurant.




Ichiro's main selling is their ramen along with sushi and other side dishes. The ramen - with chicken or pork options - has three different types of ramen, they are original, special and unique. The unique one is a combination between the standard Japanese and other types of dressing/seasoning/topping. The special is stronger in flavor and has a thicker broth or soup.
And here are what I got and my pick :

SPOILER : THIS IS NON-HALAL

Kuro (IDR 54k)
Ramen with typical Nagi pork broth. In each menu of ramen, you can pick the noodle type (soft, normal, hard), spiciness level and add extra topping. For this Kuro I chose normal noodle and also normal level of spiciness. At the first view, I was stunned by the pork meat (I was drooling :o). Yep, the pork was roasted, very crispy and came in generous size! The taste was absolutely great! I could still taste the sweet flavor as well. The egg was a little bit runny, I really like it. The noodle was soft and had a chewy texture. The broth was actually too strong although I had requested the normal level. They even gave an extra chili paste which I didn't take. But the Nagi pork broth still got a clear taste of sweet pork meat.




Genkio (IDR 54k)
Ramen with Japanese curry. Traditional and classic one. I had soft noodle with normal spiciness level in the ramen. The roasted pork and the egg were as good as the Kuro's. Instead of chili paste, they put curry powder on the ramen for Genkio. The soft noodle wasn't too different with the normal one. The curry tasted really nice however it was still too strong.



Spicy Karage with Akao Sauce (IDR 32k)
One side dish to complete the meal, I planned to try their sushi roll but I was full at that time so this karage was enough. Another spicy dish that I had (I didn't thought the ramens would be that spicy at first) as the karage sprinkled with black pepper seasoning. The karage meat was quite tender and the Akao sauce was pretty nice actually. The mix between spicy and sweet flavors from the sauce was imprinted well on my taste buds. Me like it :D



Iced Green Tea




The dishes here were actually pretty nice and would be better if they weren't too spicy. If you like that kind of spicy ramen, this might be one of the option to try. The service was a bit lame and annoying as the waitress looked a bit clueless there. Well, I was okay with that actually, not a big deal after all haha.
I think Ichiro is a quite decent ramen house but still not the best ramen in town though ;).

Ichiro
Jl. Pesanggrahan RT 11/03
West Jakarta

Follow me on : Instagram | Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment