Pages

Monday, May 19, 2014

The Bailey's and Chloe

Hi readers!

It's time for another post from The Foodglasses as I'm gonna review a quite new resto that I visited recently in West Jakarta. It's The Bailey's and Chloe. This cafe resto is located in Tanjung Duren, behind Citraland Mall. It's near Pisang Ijo to be precise. You can find it easily by searching for a two-cute-bear sign beside the street. At the first look, the resto isn't too big from the outside since it's in a shop ("ruko") but it has two levels to dine. From the inside, I can feel the ambiance of this resto, simple, cute, old-fashioned and calm just like a teddy bear house :3. Not that spacious but pretty relaxing.



How about the food? Like the other restos, The Bailey's and Chloe serves salad, pasta, western main course and appetizer. The price wasn't that pricey. With nothing above IDR 30k, I could be free to choose the menu (sometimes I'm still restricted to the price :p) and added an extra dish.
Here are what I picked for dinner that night :

Cheezy Bolster (IDR 18k)
This was what I picked for the appetizer dish and I'm not gonna regret it. Cheezy Bolster is squid rolls with melted cheese filling then deep fried and served with chili sauce. The squid texture was tender and smooth. The melted cheese inside was my highlight, created a good mix of taste with the squid roll and the skin was crunchy enough. Pretty much like it. The sauce was chili sauce, I personally think that giving sauce options would be better, like mayo sauce or else. I enjoyed every bite of this Cheezy Bolster.



King Caesar (IDR 23k)
Grilled chicken, lettuce, crouton, tomato, cheese with caesar dressing.
Served beautifully with a quite big plate. The appearance looked convincing at the first but then the taste didn't follow it :(. Although the lettuce was fresh enough but the caesar dressing was too acidic for me. For me, the main points of salad are the veggies and the dressing. This King Caesar was failed to deliver the main points, sadly I have to say. The grilled chicken wasn't well-seasoned, not as tasty as I expected. I had no problem with the crouton, tomato and cheese.



Bailey's Favorite (IDR 30k)
Sausages, Smoked Beef, Egg, Chicken Steak, Fries.
This is their recommended menu I presume. It looked pretty delicious and I couldn't wait to savour it. But they had the salad again on the dish, still acidic like I've mentioned before. The fries (you can pick from fries, mashed potato and baby potato) were another turn off for me because the seasoning wasn't too suitable for the fries. I liked the sunny side up egg, the yolk melted perfectly (YAY-NESS!). The sausage and smoked beef were fine and tasty. I save the best part for the last, it's the chicken steak! The steak was tender and tasty. It was poured with black pepper sauce, the sauce was great! Just perfect and balanced with the chicken steak.



Apple Mojito (IDR 15k)
A basic mojito to enjoy. The jellies made this drink more enjoyable, sparkling!
They also have Lime Mojito.


Pommegranate Yogurt (IDR 15k)
This drink deserved a medal! It was SO good! The pomme juice was fresh and had a lovely color. Then blended with yogurt created a good mix between sweet and tart taste. Added with a cute little decoration on top made it just perfect.








Overall, The Bailey's and Chloe is a good place to hangout. It feels comfortable inside. And of course, it's all without having to cash out big amount of money for the foods and beverages :)
Godspeed!

The Bailey's and Chloe
Tanjung Duren Utara IV No. 55A
West Jakarta, Indonesia
Opening hours : Sun-Thu 11.30 AM-11 PM, Fri 12.30 PM-12 AM, Sat 11.30 AM-12 AM

Follow me on : Instagram | Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment